Monday, June 17, 2013

Review: Immortal

Description: By some twist of fate thirteen people a year find themselves gifted with limited immortality, but when they start disappearing a four thousand year old woman named Dervy is tasked with finding out why. After receiving an anonymous tip, Dervy flies across the United States to gather a new immortal with a death wish, but can she find out what is happening to these newly “Taken” while still protecting one who doesn't want to live for a day, let alone forever? Written in a similar style to David Farland's "Nightingale" and Brandon Sanderson's "The Emperor's Soul", "Immortal" brings life to a place where ancients slowly manipulate the world we live in while remaining firmly outside of it.

My Review: I am a Goodreads "first-reads" winner. 

I'm still reading the book at the moment. But so far I like the characters, Dervy and Alex are interesting, the plot and the fact that they are immortal. And can regrow bones and all that. Good Details, I can imagine it.

*EDIT* I hope there will be a Book 2, because I will be looking forward to it.

3 out of 5 Stars

Read: April.20 - June.4, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment