Monday, June 17, 2013

Review: Why We Broke Up

Descrition: I'm telling you why we broke up, Ed. I'm writing it in this letter, the whole truth of why it happened.

Min Green and Ed Slaterton are breaking up, so Min is writing Ed a letter and giving him a box. Inside the box is why they broke up. Two bottle caps, a movie ticket, a folded note, a box of matches, a protractor, books, a toy truck, a pair of ugly earrings, a comb from a motel room, and every other item collected over the course of a giddy, intimate, heartbreaking relationship. Item after item is illustrated and accounted for, and then the box, like a girlfriend, will be dumped.

My Review: I had to stop reading, did not like it. I got annoyed when I keep reading 'Ed' 'Ed Slaterton' 'He's Ed Slaterton'. Why did Min go out with a Jock/Jerk like him for? How do you fall in love with someone like that for 1 month? ONE MONTH?! I might understand if it was more than one month. They are teenagers. Like the saying 'there are more fish in the sea' or something like that. I hope she when out with her friend Al after that but I just didn't like this book to finsh it. Also the character goes from saying one thing to saying a little story of what she was saying. I got confused. And these things she is giving back are the reasons for why they broke up, then why did she love him?

1 out of 5 Stars

Read: March.22 - April.4, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment