Friday, May 30, 2014

Feature & Follow (1)

The Feature & Follow is a blog hop to meet and follow new blogs. It is hosted by Parajunkee of Parajunkee’s View and Alison of Alison Can Read. For more information click Here.


This Week Question: 
How important is good writing to you? In an ideal world, a book would be beautifully written AND have great character development, plot, etc. But in the real world, which do you prefer: (1) Great characters and plot with lousy writing or (2) Middling character development and plot but gorgeous writing

My Answer:
This is a hard question. I really like great characters because if they wasn't, they would annoy me. I also like a plot that grabs my attention and makes me want to keep reading. When I read the back of a book, to me its about how interesting the plot sounds and If it sounds good I will read. But lousy writing can be frustrating to read. I haven't come across a book with lousy writing, so I pick (1) Great characters and plot with lousy writing.

You can follow me on either one of these. I follow back on bloglovin and email. I can't follow back on GFC because of the limit.

10 comments:

  1. We basically have the same views.

    New GFC, bloglovin' and G+ follower.
    My FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I followed back on bloglovin, G+, and GFC (I thought I was over the limit)

      Delete
  2. This question was pretty hard to answer but I wound up picking good writing over a good story. It's interesting to see all the different views.
    New GFC follower :)
    MY F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was hard, I would like to have a good story and good writing though. followed on bloglovin, google+

      Delete
  3. It was a tough question this week.
    New follower on GFC, bloglovin and twitter :)
    Here is our FF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it was, followed back on bloglovin and twitter.

      Delete
  4. I guess it depends on your definition of "lousy," but the one thing I can definitely say is that pretty writing doesn't do anything for me if I can't get into the story. So... if lousy just means that there's no real style to it but it's still readable, then I'd choose that option.

    But if lousy actually means full of grammatical errors and that sort of thing, I wouldn't be able to read a book like that either. I guess I'd have to stick to TV and movies to get my storytelling fix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like having great characters instead of great writing, because I love having characters that never leave my mind. I'm a new GFC follower, as well as Bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. I'm a new follower.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the really late reply, thank and I followed back on bloglovin

      Delete