Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Top Ten Books I Read In 2014 (Overall, By A Particular Genre, 2014 Releases)




It was hard to choose just 10. I'm only count 5 Stars and 4 Stars. This might change because I'm still reading and you never know I could love this next book before the year is over.

  1. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
  2. The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Neilsen
  3. Angelfall by Susan Ee
  4. Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
  5. Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonsky
  6. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
  7. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  8. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
  9. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
  10. Ink by Amanda Sun

I also did it by genre, because some books needed to be mentioned.

Contemporary
  1. To All The Boys I've Loved Before - 5 Stars
  2. Wonder by R.J. Palacio - 5 Stars
  3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - 5 Stars
  4. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - 5 Stars
  5. 365 Days of Wonder: Mr. Browne's Book of Precepts by R.J. Palacio - 5 stars
  6. The Julian Chapter: A Wonder Story by R.J. Palacio - 4.5 Stars
  7. The Promise of Amazing by Robin Constatine - 4.5 Stars
  8. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - 4.5 Stars
  9. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan - 4 Stars
  10. OCD the Dude and Me by Lauren Roedy Vaughn - 4 Stars
  11. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories Edited by Stephanie Perkins - 4 Stars
Fantasy
  1. Angelfall by Susan Ee - 5 Stars
  2. Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor - 5 Stars
  3. The Shadow Throne by Jennifer A. Neilsen - 5 Stars
  4. Ink by Amanda Sun - 4.5 Stars
  5. Jackaby by William Ritter - 4.5 Stars
  6. Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudsen - 4.5 Stars
  7. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - 4 Stars
  8. Eigth Grade Bites by Heather Brewer - 4 Stars
GLBT
  1. Gracefully Grayson by Ami Plonsky - 5 Stars
  2. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan - 5 Stars
  3. Aristole and Danter Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz - 4 Stars
  4. Openly Straight by Bill Konigsberg - 4 Stars
  5. Trevor: A Novella by James Lecesne - 4 Stars
Graphic Novels
  1. Naruto: The Official Character Data Book by Masashi Kishimoto - 5 stars
  2. Seconds: A Graphic Novel by Bryan Lee O'Malley - 4.5 Stars
  3. Anya's Ghost by Vera Brosgol - 4 Stars
  4. I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly - 4 Stars
Dystopian
  1. A Crack in the Sky by Mark Peter Hughes - 4 Stars
Non Fiction


3 comments:

  1. My True Love Gave to Me made my list as well :-) I am interested in reading Laini Taylors series, but haven't got around to it yet....

    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes for Angelfall! So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, WONDER is the only book I've read on your list! Lots of your other picks are on my TBR mountain chain -- I just need to find the time to read them :)

    ReplyDelete