Sunday, December 22, 2013

Review: What I Wore Today: Fashion Remixed Online From Beijing to Berlin

Description: Capturing an online community of artistic, peer-inspired and -supported fashion pioneers, this collection of more than 250 images gives an unprecedentedly unique insight into the real style of girls today. Forget the Paris runways to spot the style vanguard, here are young women for whom taking photos of themselves in their bedrooms, kitchens, and hallways and posting them to blogs and flickr is a daily ritual. The images include favorite peer-voted style gurus from flickr, MySpace, and fashion blogs. Fascinating as an intimate look at street style and as a record of the new wave of amateur portrait photography, this bright, colorful, eclectic read showcases the community where the internet generation get their real fashion inspiration.

My Review: This is really inspirational. Some of the styles are unique but I like that because everyone is different. I always wanted to mix up my clothes but I always thought I would look stupid in other people eyes but seeing this makes me want to try something different this summer. I love that almost all of these clothes are from thrift stores. You can always find something in a thrift store that you have never seen before. I love how these are everyday women showing what they wear. I don't remember seeing anyone from Japan in this book. I don't know if its the book I have but it has two pages of 161.

4 out of 5 stars

Read: December. 20, 2013 - December. 22, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment