Sunday, April 24, 2016

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Updates/Wrap Up

For the first time ever I have participating in Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon. I read all the books I planned to read, didn't finish one but that is OK. I'm really happy that I completed 4 book in one day. That is a big accomplishment for me. I'm looking forward to doing this again. 

Books Read:
Ruby on the Outside by Nora Raleigh Baskin (Completed)
The Great American Whatever by Tim Federle (Completed)
More tales to keep you up at night by Ben H. Winters (Completed)
SOS: A Prequel to the Silence of Six by E.C. Myers (Completed)
Stand-Off by Andrew Smith (Didn't finish)

Total Pages Read: 639

Challenges: I did the challenges on Twitter


Hourly Updates:
8am - Woke up at 8:30
8:42-10am - Started Ruby on the Outside
10am - Read 101pgs of Ruby on the inside. Ate breakfast. Still reading.
11am - Walked my dog
12pm - Finished Ruby on the inside
12:50pm - 1pm - Started The Great American Whatever
2pm-3pm - Read up to 122pgs, BREAK
3:35pm - Read Stand-Off from page 50, started before readathon
4:27pm - Read 51 pages of Sand-Off
5pm-6:30pm - Took a nap
6:36pm-7pm - Picked up The Great American Whatever
8pm-9pm - Read up to 202 - took a break, ate pizza rolls
10pm-10:50 - Finished The Great American Whatever
11pm - BREAK - ate 2 lady apples
12pm - BREAK - Walked my dog
1am - Read more tales to keep you at night
2am-3:08am - Read  up to 150 pages of Stand-Off (100 pages read)
4am - Read and finished SOS: A prequel to the Silence of Six
5am - Went to sleep
6am
7:55am

End of Event Survey
  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? The last 3 hours, I couldn't do it anymore and last book I had left was annoying me. I went to sleep. 
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? 1) Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan 2) A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness 3) Through the Woods by Emily Carroll 4) Gracefully Grayson by Ami Polonsky
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? No
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything
  5. How many books did you read? 5, Completed 4
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Ruby on the Outside by Nora Raleigh Baskin , The Great American Whatever by Tim Federle, More tales to keep you up at night by Ben H. Winters, SOS: A Prequel to the Silence of Six by E.C. Myers, Stand-Off by Andrew Smith
  7. Which book did you enjoy most? SOS: A Prequel to the Silence of Six
  8. Which did you enjoy least? The Great American Whatever
  9. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? As long as something doesn't come up I will be participating in the next one. I will be reading again.

No comments:

Post a Comment